Friday, 6 July 2007

i hope this all works out for you (or "yes-i'm-still-listening-to-deloris")

POSTPONEMENT PLAN

...in which the rot seizes and is sized; onwards and under...

I hope this all works out for you
but I'm only sayin it
cause I know you need it too
are you a ghost trying to stow
inside the people that you know
or just blow through
come on up to the city when you can
watch the neon banks of light
beat back the night time
I used to think that the glow
was something new and beautiful
now I don't know

I feel bad if I don�t get in on time
even after these years
still don't know why
Is it because each day the sun
builds another row of fields
I know I'm dying

hiding from your friends
all the things that make you love them
waking up again
yeah I got dreams but I forget them

so all this
are you trying to breathe it in
you got light on your face
spit down your chin
still have to hold up and walk
around the skeleton you scored
til it's woken

(til it's broken til it's hopeful, you should)

so come round call your friends
and well open up the car
if you remember where it is
and when it�s aiming where to go
we can look down at the road
then we'll both know

hiding from your friends
all the things that make you love them
waking up again
yeah I got dreams but I forget them

hiding from your friends
all the reasons why you want them
pretty darling says
yeah I got dreams but I forget them
so let's never sleep again

http://www.deloris.com.au/words.html

No comments: