Sunday, 19 August 2007

First Among Sequels - Jasper Fforde

Today I finished the next Next book. Or is that now the current Next book? Or since I finished it .. the previous Next book? Gah. *frowns*

Anyway, since my Sister and her then-partner-now-husband introduced me to Jasper Fforde in the guise of a gift a few years ago, I've enjoyed all of the Next series and also (to an oh-so-slightly lesser extent), the Nursery Crimes. Anybody who loves books, reading, and a bit of fun will enjoy these books and First Among Sequels hit the spot just right. The book takes a number of different turns, such that you aren't quite sure which plot line is supposed to be the primary one, but who cares, it's a great rip-roaring adventure.

Anybody who knows about the Thursday Next books doesn't need me to sit here and outline any of the plot, and anybody who doesn't would be better off starting with The Eyre Affair, so that logic gets me safely out of having to say anymore right now. w00t!
For some reason, I had assumed that this would be the final final final Next, although the ending casts more than a little doubt on that. The Handy Hint (c) for today? Never assume anything.

happy sunday,
monuments.

No comments: