Friday, 4 April 2008

The News

I couldn't sleep last night. O, precious sleep, my only mortal escape, why do you elude me so?

So anyway, apart from devouring a whole box of BBQ Shapes left in my cupboard by Mister T, I read the news to pass some time, and was intrigued by this latest sign of post-modern desperation: re-possessed homes in the US are being burgled and stripped of their copper pipes, due to soaring world copper prices. What can I say?

Meanwhile, locally, it's being predicted that rents in Australian cities will rise by 50% in the next four years. The "advice" for renters is to try and lock in their current lease for as long as they can. Umm...how? You'd have to be very lucky, I could never get a landlord to agree to a lease greater than 6 months -- they enjoyed their 6-monthly rent-hikes too much. And that was a few years ago.

Now it's Friday morning and I'm facing 8 more hours of trying to make something of this non-project, before the weekend: emotional eating, emotional drinking, and the Mt Coot-tha Cycle Challenge.

yeah, cheers!
monuments.

6 comments:

cal_t said...

remember eating is good
how did u go wit the rest of the snacks!

the.monuments.we.build said...

hahha... they're mostly all gone, apart from a dubious looking tin of spaghetti with sausages in it!!

food never lasts long in my house, that's why i don't buy many snacks anymore.

but yes... eating *is* good!

the.monuments.we.build said...

PS: home-brand frozen lasagne is fucking OARSOME!!

cal_t said...

see home brand is not that bad after all

the.monuments.we.build said...

yeah i know, i grew up on it..! and i turned out o-... oh.

lol.

cal_t said...

lol whats wrong. u turned out quite normal on it