Sunday, 15 March 2009

mogwai at the tivoli, 3rd March 2009

I can't write about this gig, because I can't do it justice.

So I will simply link to another review and echo the set-list they published:

The Precipice (last on The Hawk Is Howling)
Friend of the Night (Mr Beast)
Scotland’s Shame (The Hawk Is Howling)
Hunted By A Freak (Happy Songs for Happy People)
Mogwai Fear Satan (Young Team)
I Know You Are But What Am I (Happy Songs for Happy People)
I Love You, I’m Gonna Blow Up Your School (The Hawk Is Howling)
I’m Jim Morrison, I’m Dead (The Hawk Is Howling)
Thank You Space Expert (The Hawk Is Howling)
2 Rights Make 1 Wrong (Rock Action)
Like Herod (Young Team)
Bat Cat (The Hawk Is Howling)
New Paths to Helicon Part 1 (Ten Rapid – collected recordings ’96-97)
We’re No Here (last on Mr Beast)


Simply awesome. I don't know how or why I missed them on their last two tours in Brisbane. I hadn't seen them live since their CODY tour at The Zoo, a long time ago now. Silly me.

No comments: